Thursday 12 March 2015

My City My Life...

Dedicated to My City, My Love...

Call it 'Mumbai’ or ‘Bombay’ the feelings remain the same for me. Moving to the city of dreams twelve years ago was never less than a pleasure. Mumbai wasn't so much about discovering, but rather creating me. However, not all lessons came easy. The first was earning and saving to buy our own abode. Nevertheless it taught me to be independent. I hardly had rides in local trains; it still made me feel the warmth of staying in the most crowded city.

 This city teaches a new lesson every day. The city offered whole lot of firsts for me. Drifting all alone and exploring the places was one, adjusting with the extreme humidity and monsoons was another. But strangely it made me fall in love with the Springs. Monsoon is beautiful, but only from my window where I could sit and enjoy a strong hot coffee with a book. 

For me, its city of fulfillment, hard work, partying and glamorous fashion shows. I learned to love the fashion and the vibes, the people and the snubs and most of all the extremities. I've made friends with people who love me to the core and I've even made friends with people who get critical the first chance they get. I also happened to make some amazing friends at work, in college and fitness classes. People in Mumbai sometimes seem to be heartless to outsiders. But I have loved their trait of minding their own business – yet being immensely helpful. That's like a perfect combination. 

Yes, lustrous ‘Night life’. It’s the only place where I can walk the streets safely at late nights even in shorts. Off course..be it the whole night spent along the marine drive walking along with friends or having a late night dinner at Bademiyan. I've laughed till tears cracked and had emotional cries at times.

Mumbai the city of glamour, fashion, love and attraction, a city that never fails to charm. You fall in love with the city once you experience it’s aura. Every nomad who aspires to be part of this bizarre world is welcomed by the city with open arms. The city hypnotises every soul that wants to have a taste of it.

Mumbai... You made me feel alive, more alive than I have ever been. I m sure, I will never be treated as a stranger in this city. You inspired me to dream more, enthused me to achieve more, and confided me to move forward. Each time I pause and think, I feel a tingle, the kind you feel when a childhood dream comes true. My love for you will keep budding, no matter what!

With million feelings nd memories, its time to part till I see you again.. Home is where the heart is .. Mine will remain with you....

7 comments:

  1. Woo, awesome words for your Motherland,
    This is that deep love within yourself .

    I could now definitely say , shall miss u in the air of Mumbai, and even Mumbai shall shred tears for missing a companion like you.

    As you know Mumbai never stops and so do you.

    Life goes on..... and the new place is there to welcome you with wide open arms. And that too a place which rules India

    I pray and hope be in bliss at every corner of world.

    Wherever you go , U might find new friends but your this idiot friend is always with you.

    God bless you and Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully and very simply written one of your strongest emotions ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late reply Deepti , thank you so much . you can now follow my blogs on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ReneetheReborn/ also my website www.reneethereborn.com

      Delete